วันอาทิตย์ที่ 28 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2553

Nagano City 2010 New Years.

Happy New Years from Nagano Japan. The video is not of great quality as I was freezing out in the cold trying to take this on a cell phone. Its tradition to make a trip upto Zenkoji Temple on the 31st to celebrate the New Year (2010). When I first went up around 10pm there was no-one around. I made my way back up at around 11:30 and I didnt know Nagano City had this many people "WOW" . They all line up for the chance to make their prayers for the new year as well as pray for the previous year. Afterwards its tradition to make your way to a local soba shop and grab a bowl of your favorite soba (buckwheat noodles, yum yum). Myself I opted for Amazake (hot fermented rice with a decent alcohol rating). Had a cup of that and some miso onigiri-yaki (bean paste fried into a rice ball with seaweed) As the weather was getting pretty difficult to video, I couldnt get the rest of my night on video.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onv_NIAsELY&hl=en

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น