วันพฤหัสบดีที่ 18 พฤศจิกายน พ.ศ. 2553

Ramen Reviews

Ramen reminds me of college, of those "no time to eat, too hung-over to cook" times when convenience and price mattered more than nutrition and quality. In fact, on top of the one-thousand beer calories consumed each weekend, a few more calories for cheap easy food didn't matter.

But I soon grew tired of the same cheap brands I bought at the local food-mart for ten cents a pack and after a while the smell began to unsettle me, reminding me of those exact times when I resorted to ramen in the first place.

Eager to give the ramen industry a little more credit (and in lieu of the economic recession), I've come back to my wallet-saving meal source and diversified my purchases to include brands not found at Wal-mart. I have to say, after years of cheap Top ramen, I regret not knowing about these brands because they ignited taste buds I never thought I had and still were easy on my budget.

Here are my reviews on the ramen noodles [http://www.buyramenonline.com] I've tried:


Sapporo Ichiban - A Japanese brand, Sapporo Ichiban offers a rich Asian flavor and the actual noodles are high in quality. They do not have the "rubbery" flavor that some cheaper noodles might have, and the soup base is so delicious that it can be a meal in itself. My favorite Sapporo Ichiban flavors are Original (sort of a soy-sauce flavor), Chicken and Shrimp. Grocery store prices range from $75-$1.75 and you can buy bulk ramen by the case.
Myojo - Myojo is a Singapore brand and is related to Nissin foods. Myojo noodles are high in quality and flavor, and are one of my favorite brands. Myojo products are a bit more expensive than others ranging from $1.50 - $2.50 per pack in some stores. If you buy in bulk, you can end up saving some money and still enjoy its gourmet-quality flavor.
Nong Shim - If you're looking for a kick of spice and flavor, try Nong Shim (N.S.) because they are extremely flavorful and come in many spicy flavors. These can range from $.70-$1.75 in stores, again buying in bulk can help you save money. My favorite flavors: Shin (spicy), Kimchee (the famous Korean spice) and Spicy Shrimp.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น